Tuesday 13 March 2007

Is that 600 virtual dollars?


Joseph Jaffe’s book ‘Life after the 30 second spot’ is one of my absolute favourite new marketing books.

I’ve always been a fan of his 'Across the sound’ podcast too.

Of late though Jaffe seems to have fallen for every single ounce of hype surrounding Second Life.

Case in point being his agency Crayon.

I hate to say it, but I’m this close to deleting my Jaffe rss feed, because he seems to be forever plugging how ‘cool’ Crayon and its virtual world set up is.

Yeah…Whatever, as my daughter would say.

Anyway now Jaffe is coming to Australia and we’re expected to fork out $600 a ticket to hear him speak about new tactics and avenues for marketers.

My question is, if people regularly meet and chat with him at his agency’s virtual home on Crayonville Island, why would you pay $600 for the privilege?

Unless of course it's an admission that a virtual agency living on a virtual island in a virtual world is no substitute for the real thing.