Wednesday 14 March 2007

Long time coming

5 O O 0

This is my 500th post on Brand DNA and I'm a little shocked to be honest.

When I started up the blog I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

It really has taken on a life of its own.

Just the other day Gavin asked me for five reasons why I blog.

I'm not too keen on rambling endlessly about myself, but what better time than my 500th post to try to answer his question.

1. Sharing - When I set up the blog last April I was on the academic staff at RMIT. I was putting together a new subject for the advertising degree, which looked at the impact of new and emerging technologies on advertising. The blog was simply a place for me to share some of the interesting discoveries I had made.

2. Learning - Once I started blogging I started discovering new things almost on a daily basis. The more I blog, the more I learn. And you’re never too old to stop learning.

3. Community – I have met more like minded people since I started blogging than I ever did when I was working in big agencies. Strange thing is I’ve not met any of these like minded people, but somehow it feels like I have.

4. Professional – Many of the discoveries I made whilst blogging have been put into practice in one form or another. This is one of the great things about working outside of the advertising mainstream. You get to try new things before they’re completely ready. Beta testing, as the pioneers like to call it.

5. Pleasure – Gavin also listed pleasure in his five reasons. I love sharing my discoveries. I love voicing my opinion. I love sharing my thinking. I love putting Brand DNA together. I hope you love it too.