Monday 26 March 2007

Potential for compensation


“Here's the gig, it's a 30 page tri-fold brochure.

Here's the catch: I don't have really any money.

How about 300 clams? Does that sound fair?

Oh, did I mention that I get to comment at every stage of the approval process until I see a stream of tears coming down your beet red face?

Did I mention that I'll be briefing you on the project by email one little trickle of critical information at a time?

Did I mention that I'll let you get to the 17th round BEFORE I show it to my boss"?

Did I mention that those are actual clams, not dollars? We're a seafood distributor.”

And there was I thinking that this kind of shit only ever happened to me.

For more on this close to the heart of every writer topic click here and see what Todd has to say.