Thursday 27 December 2007

Wordsmith wanted


Apparently this ad for the FT has been around for a while. Suffice to say I've not seen it before.

It's from DDB London.

What a great concept. The retouching is absolutely tremendous.

I love the tagline too - We live in Financial Times.

What a pity the creative team didn't put as much effort into the copy as they did the art direction.

"World business. In one place."

Call me fussy, but that's so lifeless. And clumsy.

I know the old adland adage says you should always have a straight headline when you have a clever visual, but the headline in this ad is definitely in need of some love and crafting.

Which kinda makes me think the team behind it were one of those new generation creative teams where they haven't decided who's the writer and who's the art director.

: Click the pic to enlarge :