Monday 28 July 2008

Thought for the day


If there's one thing that gets me down at work it's listening to young creatives complaining about how they never get any decent briefs.

Either that or they moan about how they didn't spend three years at uni to end up writing copy for eDMs and multiple letter versions.

Kids don't know they're born as my old man used to say.

So here's a great piece of Monday morning advice for everyone out there with a shit brief on their desk:

"Don't look for the next opportunity. The one you have in hand is the opportunity."

That pearl of wisdom came from the late Paul Arden.

I advise every junior who works with me to put that quote on their wall and refer to it each and every day.

When they ask me why I simply point to the sepia toned printout of the exact same quote pinned above my desk.