Tuesday 13 March 2012

Where's my logo?


I was just reading an article about Scottish football team Celtic boycotting the print media.

It's connected to alleged misreporting of the financial situation of rival Glasgow club Rangers.

After the Celtic game yesterday their coach restricted his interviews to just the BBC and Sky TV.

He was quoted as saying, "There's a lot of muckraking going on between some hacks... the players are not going to be speaking to you."

Personally I don't have a problem with this. In fact I love the way the club is taking a stand.

However I wonder how their sponsors feel.

By restricting media coverage of the team and its players the club is also restricting exposure of their sponsor logos.

And I don't know about you but if I was paying a tonne of money to sponsor a football club I'd definitely be expecting maximum exposure of my logo.