Wednesday 20 February 2013

Who's to blame?

Over the course of my career I've seen a lot of great ideas turn out anything but great.

Most of the blame for this lays firmly with the client.

But should it?

Or should the agency take take some responsibility?

After all if a demanding client demands changes it's really not easy to say no to them.

But saying no is what required.

I suspect a lot of the client related issues in today's agencies are a result of cutbacks to training.

When I was at JWT in the 90's training was encouraged.

In fact once you completed 10 training courses you were given a cheque for $1,000.

I spent almost five years at my last agency. During that time I got to go on one training course.

One.

And that was really just a one day agency workshop session.

I think you get my point. Don't you?